2013年2月20日水曜日

The Last Stand

Watched the preview of The Last Stand yesterday. And for the first time in a couple of years, I actually watched a movie by myself and I felt good. No doubt it was wasteful since I won a pair of tickets on some online draw again, I wished to minimise interaction after these tiring days at work.

I recall that the Life section had tried to compare three action heroes in Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone who have released recent movies in the same genre on our shore. I had the luxury of time to catch two of them.

A Good Day to Die Hard


I think I had fallen asleep at some point in time. The improbability of the plot development had dissipated my interest greatly. The element of a Father-and-Son team was more a liability than an asset and while Looper was alright, I thought that Bruce Willis could reduce his sharing of screen time with younger actors. Sticking to the Expendables might be good.

The Last Stand


Predictable plot, overly bloodied, straight face humour. I enjoyed the show thoroughly. It was funny at one point in time when Arnold, the County Sheriff refused a bribe to let a federal fugitive escape because of honour (and in real life, he cheated his wife with his helper). It was just a fun, brainless joyride with a happy ending. On days when office work had numbed my mind, such a movie is like an elixir of life

0 件のコメント: